A trainer should have a 360 degree view of himself by doing an in-depth analysis of his strengths and areas of development. He or she should seek the views of colleagues, co-workers, and friends to find out the adjectives they would use to describe him or her. Below mentioned are some of the important points to be taken into consideration to prepare for creating a personal brand:
- Extensive Research and Strategizing: A trainer should never forget to do his or her homework before taking action. A careful analysis should be done on the progress or failure of others on a similar path and learn from their actions.
- Determine what the brand should convey: A trainer should have a clear idea of the adjectives he or she wants to be associated with by people.
- Determine the best practices and flaws: A trainer can seek advice of trusted colleagues, co-workers and friends for the adjectives they would use to describe him. The trainer can analyse what he or she is good at and the strengths which make him or her irreplaceable.
- Pay attention to detail: A trainer should concentrate on every effort to remain flawless when compared with the remaining crowd. Every action from the trainer contributes to his personal brand in terms of dressing sense, body language, behavior with co-workers and the style of writing emails.
- Managing the brand: A trainer should be proactive in ensuring that all aspects of the brand and commitments synchronize with the past and present actions.