In this article targeted at the Training Ecosystem: Freelance Trainers and Training firms, we share proven techniques through which the Customers can be presented a greater value proposition by offering Blended Learning vs. traditional learning methods. You will also gain perspectives to penetrate both B2B and B2C Markets by diversifying your Training Solutions portfolio with Learning Management System, Micro-Learning, E-Learning along with Traditional Classroom Based Training and Experiential Learning.
The future of competition among Businesses and Business Professionals shall be determined by the Agility with which one can adapt to new trends, continuously learn & develop relevant skills and capabilities and the Agility with which one can deploy the learning in real Business Scenarios.
Business Leaders with real intent to compete, succeed and sustain in this future have realized the importance of Continuous Learning and Development of their workforce. It is these Leaders and People focused Businesses that continue to rightly invest time and money in developing the Skills and Capabilities of their workforce to stay relevant in the market with a competitive edge.
And it is this future, that should drive the Training Ecosystem of Training firms and Freelance Trainers to adapt, evolve and offer holistic Training Solutions to Businesses.
Let us perform a current scenario analysis:
- Is your Training Solution driving Business Outcome for the Customer?
- What percentage of your Learners have undergone a Behavioural Change post your Training Intervention?
- Does your Training Solution meet the needs of Start-ups who are frugal both in terms of availability for Training and investment for the Program?
- How are you engaging learners, post your Training Intervention to drive continuous learning, application and learning evaluation?
- How are you overcoming limitations of implementing Training interventions in B2B and B2C Scenarios such as:
- In Businesses where People are distributed geographically across locations
- In Businesses where People come with diverse ages and learning preferences
- In Scenarios where Professionals are ready to invest in their skill development voluntarily without the involvement of their Organizations and are however not finding the right solution provider to meet their on-demand self-paced learning and development needs.
The outcome of this analysis can lead to simple close ended Yes or No answers or lead to Open-ended multiple solutions which the Training Ecosystem needs to solve to ensure they are truly enabling Businesses and Business Professionals in their relevance and competitive advantage.
Let us now look at some solutions that can empower the Training Ecosystem to drive:
- Superior value proposition for the Customers and
- Superior penetration in both B2B and B2C Market
Solution 1: Increase Engagement with Learners to drive measurable change
No matter how experiential your workshop is, the effectiveness of the learning and the desire to change fizzles out within 2 weeks and loses its intent within 2 months of your experiential intervention. Complement your Experiential Workshop across a time-frame of at-least 6 months by continuously engaging your learners with:
- Supplementary learning capsules deployed in person and online
- Periodic Evaluation of Learning elements through quizzes or gamified assessments
- Focused one on one development sessions to address the needs of outlier participants
- Special Projects for application of learning elements in actual business scenarios
Solution 2: Blend Online Learning Methods along with Experiential Learning Methods
In Growing Organizations, a typical group of Learners, will make you witness dramatic diversity in terms of psychographic and demographic factors of the participants. Adopting purely Experiential Learning methods can be ineffective in addressing the learning preferences and learning pace of the diverse target group. Along with your experiential learning methods, incorporate Blended Learning methods such as:
- Micro-Learning to meet specific learning needs through Bite-Sized Cost effective Online capsules
- Social Learning to meet the needs of millennials who are motivated to learn collaboratively and network at the same time
- Gamification of Learning to make the Learning Experience inspiring and rewarding
Solution 3: Design On-Demand Learning Solutions to cater to needs of self-paced learners
Today’s professionals understand the need to up-skill to stay relevant in the Industry and in the job market. They are willing to invest in their continuous learning without the financial support and involvement of their employer organization. Research and understand the key development needs of your target Consumer in your identified B2C Market to offer:
- Self-Paced Learning Solutions to allow Professionals to learn without interfering their productive business hours
- Device Independent E-Learning + M-Learning Solutions to learn on Laptop or Mobiles
- Online Learning Marketplace to seamlessly buy & experience affordable learning solutions
In this article, we have tried to share best practices, systems and tools that can benefit the Training Community. Bodhih has been empowering Trainers through its Train the Trainer Certification Programs for over 6 years now, and we do believe the right systems blended with the right mix of Learning Methods can empower the Ecosystem of Trainers and Training firms further more in their growth in terms of Brand, Business and Capability.
Feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to understand how you can incorporate Bodhih’s Online Learning Suite of Learning Management System, E-Learning, Micro-Learning and Social Learning into your Training Solutions Portfolio.