What is an Organization?
• “a collection of interacting and interdependent individuals who work towards common goals and whose relationships are determined according to a certain structure”
What is Management?
• “a process which exists to get results by making the best use of the human, financial and material resources available to the organization and to individual managers”
Division of Labor
• How activities within the organization are allocated into different jobs or tasks performed by different individuals
Division of Labor – Advantages
• Most Efficient Utilization of Labor
• Increased Standardization
• Uniformity of Output
• Reduction in Training Costs
• Heightened Expertise