Strategic Management- Overview
When implementing a strategy, there is a requirement to:
– Define the expected outcome
– Develop methodologies to gauge the effect of the implementation.
– Communicate the expected outcomes and performance on an ongoing basis.
– Involve all relevant personnel at an appropriate level.
– Constantly align activities with the overall strategic purpose of the organization.
Challenges to Implementing Strategy
There are 4 main barriers to implementing a strategy
– Visions and strategies that are not actionable
– Strategies that are not linked to departmental, team and individual goals
– Strategies that are not linked to long and short- term resource allocation
– Feedback that is tactical, not strategic.