What is an Organisation?
It is a collection of interacting and interdependent individuals who work towards a common goal and whose relationships are determined according to a certain structure.
Key Concepts in an Organisation
Division of Labor
How activities within the organization are allocated into different jobs or tasks performed by different individuals
Division of Labor – Advantages
• Most Efficient Utilization of Labor
• Increased Standardization
• Uniformity of Output
• Reduction in Training Costs
• Heightened Expertise
Division of Labor – Disadvantages
• Routine & Repetitive Tasks
• Low Job Satisfaction
• Low Motivation and Employee Satisfaction