What is Leadership?
It is the process of influencing the activity of an organised group in its effort of goal setting and goal influence.
Influence if the ability to affect the perceptions, attitudes and behaviours of others.
Relationship between Leadership & Influence
• Extremely complex and of critical importance to the organization
• Influence is an important social skill required by leaders to effectively and efficiently enable staff to obtain organizational objectives
• An appreciation of the importance of influence requires a clear understanding of leadership and the characteristics of leaders that influence employees
Implications for the Leader
• Increased involvement by your team
• Increased responsibility and ownership
• Suitability for future roles can be ascertained
• Specialist knowledge can be more readily employed
• Increase in team and organizational effectiveness