The best way to make a person learn depends on having a clear understanding of the persons learning style. It is well known that people have different learning styles that work best for them. The best approach for an instructor to take is to understand the type of participants through factors like their positions, work backgrounds, years of experience and depth of knowledge in the training area to address a variety of learning styles right at the time of preparing the session plan. It is also helpful to encourage students to understand their preferred learning style. Based on this analysis trainers can create a session plan with a blend of different training methodologies. Train The Trainer Certification programs give in-depth ideas which help trainers to plan and include the following training activities by taking into consideration the learning style of participants.
For Visual Learners
- Highlight important key terms in corresponding colors.
- Replace important words with symbols or initials.
- Utilize graphic organizers such as company logos, pictures, videos, charts, graphs and diagrams.
For Auditory Learners or learners who learn through discussions
- Conduct interactive sessions like role plays, case studies, group discussions and participant presentations to ensure that the participants effectively listen and respond.
- Ask questions and suggestions frequently i.e before the program, after completing each topic, before starting a new topic and collectively at the end of the program.
- Record your summarized notes and listen to them on videos or tapes.
For Kinesthetic Learners
- Use real life examples, applications and practical exercises in your summary to help with abstract concepts.
- Utilize pictures and photographs that illustrate your ideas.
- Conduct practical experiments by participants to know the skill of the participants.
Tag:Bodhih, BODHIH TRAINING, Career, Career Growth, Certification, CORPORATE TRAINING, Leadership, Learning, Life of a trainer, Management Development, Public Speaking, Skill Development, Success, Train The Trainers, TRAINER TOOL, TRAINERS, TRAINING, TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT, TRAINING CYCLE, TRAINING PROCESS