In this article targeted at Business Leaders: P&L Heads and CXOs, you shall understand how a perfect Blended Learning Strategy can have a direct correlation to the Company’s Bottom-Line Impact. You shall understand how a continuous learning Culture can have a sustainable impact to your Company’s Competitive Advantage and Operational Excellence apart from the Company’s P&L.
In an extremely Dynamic and competitive World of Business, you need high dynamic capabilities across your Company to Survive, To Adapt and To Lead and be agile at your game all the time.
What is driving your growth today has every chance of becoming irrelevant even in a short span of 90 Days, unless your Product, Your Services, Your Solutions and Your Experiences has an Edge in the Market and for your Customers.
To have this continuous edge, you need to continuously learn and innovate and stay ahead in terms of the needs of your current market, your customer’s desires and be in the continuous lookout for new markets and its ecosystems of Customers and Consumers. You need to create, inspire and promote a Continuous Learning & Innovation Culture in your Company.
So, what does this mean to you as a Business Leader?
- It’s about being proactive to trends: Changing Technologies, Customer Needs and Preferences, Market Needs
- It’s about acquiring New Knowledge: Improvements in Industry and Domain
- It’s about aligning your Skills: Changing Business, Changing People Psychographics
- It’s about adapting to Innovations in the Industry
It’s about how aligned and supportive a Business Leadership is in being Influencers to identify these needs of change, to acquire knowledge, align Skills, adapt to innovations and channelize it into your People – The Biggest Assets of your Business.
It should be your Goal to Invest and Create the right Learning Culture with all the opportunities for your employees to learn new skills, new knowledge, to innovate, to disrupt:
- To continuously be ahead of your competition – Your Competitive Advantage
- To excel at everything you do – Your Operational Excellence
- To grow your Bottom-Line – Your Company’s P&L
Now, how does this get executed in your Company?
By Developing a Blended Learning Strategy that is Agile and Metrics Driven
- Create a Learning Strategy that is Agile that adapts to change: Revisit it every Quarter
- Perform a Competency Needs Analysis for the Business driven by you and your Leadership Team and trickle it down, rather than going for the short-sighted and traditional way of performing Annual Training Needs Analysis
- Incorporate a Learning Strategy that integrates a globally accepted 70:20:10 mix of:
- On the Job Learning
- Coaching/Mentoring, and
- Blended Learning: Traditional Learning (Classrooms, Experiential) + Online Learning (LMS with E-Learning, Micro-Learning, Social Learning)
- Make Learning and Innovation Systemic by implementing An Integrated Learning Management System
- To deploy Learning Methodologies and engage Learners
- To drive Knowledge Management in the Business Ecosystem
- To inspire, reward and sustain Innovation Management
- Make the Learning Strategy Data, Analytics and Intelligence driven to help you correlate the effectiveness of Learning to holistic Business Performance Metrics
- Build, Measure and Monitor a Balance Scorecard to correlate the Learning Outcomes to impact on Operational Excellence (Productivity, Quality), Customer Success (Acquisition) and P&L (Bottom-line, Market Share).
By Creating a Continuous Learning & Innovation Culture that inspires Value Creation
- Make Learning and Sharing an Intrinsic element of everyday routine at the Company, driven by Learning Champions and Inspired Learning Experiences: Workshops, Labs, Virtual Learning, Gamification, Simulation, Social Learning...
- Encourage Innovation by enabling contributing elements of design thinking, idea generation, prototyping, risk-taking and entrepreneurial growth mindset
- Inspire Creativity and Passion in the Workplace. A Workplace that inspires and engages People to learn-unlearn, to think differently, to think ahead, to disrupt as a habit, goes a long way in building a Business that Creates Value for all – Shareholders, Customers, Employees – to drive sustained Growth and Competitive Advantage.
In this article, we have tried to share the vital correlation of Blended Learning Strategy to the Company’s Key Business Goals from a CEO’s standpoint and from the perspective of every P & L Head or Business Unit Head – Feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to understand how you can align your Blended Learning Strategy and Create an Agile and Continuous Learning Culture – for Sustained Growth and Success of your Business.