Delegation is the ability to effectively assign tasks, responsibility and authority to others. Or, in other words, delegation is one's ability to get things done by using the work and time of other people. Delegation is a very helpful aid for succession planning, personal development, seeking and encouraging promotion. It's how we grow in the job. Delegation enables us to gain experience to take on higher responsibilities.
Effective delegation is a critical survival skill for managers and supervisors, and this is what many delegation training resources are about. Yet, what is less often emphasized is that understanding the delegation skill and knowing how to use it right is an important personal time management skill. Irrespective of whether you have subordinates or bosses and regardless of whether it is at work or at home.
In this program we would enable the participants in identifying the ways to delegate tasks, how to delegate, what to delegate and when to delegate. We would also create delegation processes that would suit the participants' work.
The Effective Delegation Training program can be offered to Corporate Clients, SMEs, and Private and Public establishments across India. All our programs are customized to suit the participants' training needs. A detailed Training Design Document will be sent before the implementation of this training program.
Key Learning Points:
Clearly identify how delegation fits their job and how it can make managers more successful.
Identify different ways of delegating tasks.
Use an eight-step process for effective delegation.
Give better instructions for better delegation results.
Ask better questions and listen more effectively.
Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Test their delegation skills.
Learning Areas from this Training Program
What is delegation?
Barriers to delegation
Who is the Right Person for the Task?
What Communication Skills Help Get Results?
How Can Delegation Be Monitored?
A model for effective delegation
Delegation case studies
Ideal or Useful for:
Managers (all level and functions)
Ideal Group Size
People who visited this page have also found the following programs interesting:
- Becoming a Leader (for Emerging Leaders)
- Becoming an Effective Mentor
- Communication Skills for Managers and Leaders
- Conducting Effective Meetings
- Conversational Skills for Managers
- Creative Problem Solving Skills for Managers
- Decision Making Skills for Leaders
- Developing a Culture of High Performance
- Developing Leadership Oriented People Skills
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Interpersonal Effectiveness and Team Building for Managers
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Leading Teams Successfully
- Managing and Leading Change
- Motivation for Effective Leadership
- Taking Initiative and Proactive Leadership
- Appreciative Enquiry
- Enhancing Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Neuro Linguistic Programming for Improved Communication
- Transactional Analysis
- Verbal Communication Dynamics
- Analytical Skills
- Coping with Stress for Personal Effectiveness
- Creativity and Being Innovative
- Effective Listening Skills
- Goal Setting and Action Planning
- Initiative, Accountability and Being Responsible for Success
- Personal and Career Development
- Personality Development Training Program
- Positive Mental Attitude
- Result-Orientation and Objective Setting
- Time Management
- Work-Life Balance